It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:18 am

ATENÇÃO: Amigos usuários, antes de postar sua pergunta/dúvida. Favor utilizar a BUSCA em nosso site. Obrigado!

The Oakland Raiders spent the first quarter of the season 

Post The Oakland Raiders spent the first quarter of the season
getting close before finally breaking through for their first win against the Cleveland Browns.A lopsided loss to the Los Angeles Chargers looked like a step back http://www.chargerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-russell-okung-jersey , even if coach Jon Gruden tried to put a positive spin on the game Monday."I think there's a lot of good things, honestly, that happened yesterday," Gruden said about the 26-10 loss before ticking off a list of problems. "The scoreboard was lousy, the field positon was bad, we gave up some big plays that was not good. Terrible interception in the red zone. There's some negative things that are still resonating with me and Raider Nation."Gruden then went on to praise the play of eight rookies, including tackle Brandon Parker and defensive tackle P.J. Hall, fill-in left guard Jon Feliciano, and some good plays made by Derek Carr outside of a costly interception on first-and-goal from the 1."I'm going to continue to emphasize the good and do everything I can to fix the things that are bad, because most of the things that are bad, my fingerprints are all over," Gruden said.It was not easy to sugarcoat this game http://www.chargerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-mike-pouncey-jersey , which marked the first time all season the Raiders (1-4) never held a lead. The pass rush generated little pressure, the defense created no turnovers, special teams provided no short fields, and Carr threw an interception at the worst time possible.With the Raiders trailing 20-3 and looking to mount a comeback late in the third quarter, Oakland had the ball first-and-goal from the Los Angeles 1. Despite the presence of powerful back Marshawn Lynch, Gruden opted to call for a play-action pass on first down.When no one broke open immediately, Carr held onto the ball before trying to force it to Derek Carrier in the end zone instead of throwing the ball away. Melvin Ingram was right there for an interception, marking the second time this season the decision to use Lynch as a decoy at the goal line backfired.Fullback Keith Smith was stopped on a fourth-down run from the 1 in a 20-19 loss at Denver last month. And of course, Lynch is still smarting from another goal-line interception that cost him a Super Bowl title in Seattle back in the 2014 season.Lynch tossed his helmet up in frustration as he left the field and didn't play the rest of the day as the Raiders were in their hurry-up offense for their only remaining drive.Gruden said he threw his visor and helmet in anger as well, and that frustration was something he had in common with Lynch. He still stood by the play call even if the execution didn't work."We were down 20-3. It wasn't the last play of the Super Bowl. We were down 20-3," he said. "It was first-and-goal, trying to save as much time as we can with a play-action pass."The Raiders have little time to dwell on this loss with a trip to London coming up this week to face the Seahawks. Rather than request an East Coast game before the long trip and either practice there or in London for the week Brandon Mebane Jersey , the Raiders opted to stay at home for most of this week.They will practice Tuesday through Thursday at their facility in the Bay Area before taking the long trip to London on Thursday night. They will arrive Friday afternoon and then get ready for the game Sunday night."I hope I can make it, honestly," Gruden said. "I'm not great. I get claustrophobic. My son was a weightlifter and he won a powerlifting competition in Belarus. I had to fly 14 hours. I had to fly home 14 hours. I had vertigo for a month. I couldn't even lay down, the house was spinning. I am hoping I don't get vertigo. I'm not a great traveler. I'll be honest with you, I hate it. I'm not good. I'm concerned. I'm more worried about that than our goal-line offense right now."Los Angeles Chargers Daily Links: Are Guaranteed NFL Contracts the Future? Russell Okung's vision of guaranteed NFL contracts - Eric Williams"It's pretty simple: How much risk are NFL players taking on in correlation to how much money that we're actually getting that's real cash?" asked Okung. "I think sometimes people are so swayed by whatever is put out in the media, and you sort of have this little caveat next to it that says guaranteed money. But even with that, there's tons of ways for teams to offset guaranteed money so that it's not guaranteed.Top NFL training camp position battles: One to watch for all 32 teams - ESPN.comThey signed Caleb Sturgis to a two-year, $4.45 million deal in free agency, including $1 million in guaranteed money. But so far, he has missed five field goals during training camp, while former Bucs second-round pick Roberto Aguayo, whom the team signed to a reserve/future deal in January Casey Hayward Jersey , has been more consistent, with just two misses so far during camp.2018 Fantasy Football Rankings: quarterback tiers - Jeff RatcliffeLet the late-round quarterback drafting begin. Rivers leads this tier after posting yet another top-10 fantasy finish last season. You don’t get a particularly high ceiling with Rivers, but his weekly floor makes him an ideal safe option in the late roundsNFL quarterback rankings: PFF ranks for every team's QB entering 2018 - Steve PalazzoloAfter an excellent 2013 season, Rivers slowly started a decline over the next three years, perhaps in part due to a terrible offensive line situation. He bounced back nicely last season, grading at 80.4 overall to rank ninth in the league. He was one of the league’s most accurate passers in the short (0-9 yard) range and he’s still a solid intermediate passer (10-19-yard range), ranking eighth in PFF grading last season.Fantasy football rankings: Sorting the dynasty RBs into tiers - Curtis PatrickGordon is somehow ranked at RB11 after consecutive seasons in as top-seven PPR back. The season-ending injury to Hunter Henry should help insulate Gordon’s receiving game work, as the team hasn’t added any legitimate help to the roster.The familiar injury big is hovering over Chargers camp - Travis WakemanFirst-round pick Derwin James was hobbled to start camp and rookie wide receiver Dylan Cantrell suffered a bone bruise that at one point, had him on crutches.On Tuesday, things nearly took a devastating turn when Joey Bosa, arguably the best player on the team, left practice with a foot injury. Initial reports have stated that luckily http://www.chargerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-darius-philon-jersey , it doesn’t seem to be anything serious.Under-the-radar rookies to watch – AFC West - Mike JohnsonThe Chargers had the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL last season with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram III. The two combined for the most pressures in the league in 2017 with 151 and will remain fixtures on the defensive line this season, when healthy. Although Nwosu could have limited opportunities rushing the passer during the season, the former Seminole will have an impact as a key depth piece on the edge and at linebacker.Fantasy football rankings: Sorting the dynasty QBs into tiers - Curtis PatrickOne thing to note about this group is it may be better to avoid if your league penalizes heavily for interceptions. Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Ryan all ranked in the bottom half of the NFL in interceptions in 2017 and Brees typically finishes there as well.2018 Fantasy Football Rankings: wide receiver tiers - Jeff RatcliffeFinally healthy for an entire season, Allen exploded for 102 catches and nearly 1,400 yards. He’ll continue to see heavy volume for the Chargers.Social Media Information:BFTB Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBFTB Twitter: Follow @BFTB_ChargersThe Lightning Round Twitter: Follow @Lightning_RoundThe Lightning Round Facebook: Click here to like our pageBFTB Manager: Richard Wade: Follow @RichardWade

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:23 am

Post Re: The Oakland Raiders spent the first quarter of the seaso
WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals will be in a position few expected them to be in when they host the New York Mets Saturday in their third game of their series.Cy Young Award contender Jacob deGrom and the Mets downed the Nationals 4-2 Friday night and about an hour later the Atlanta Braves (86-68) defeated the Phillies http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-belisle-jersey , officially eliminating the Nationals from the NL East title race.The two-time defending division champion, Washington (77-77) enters Saturday eight games behind in the race for the second NL wild-card spot with eight games remaining.Article continues below ...Friday night the Nationals dropped their second straight to the Mets (72-82) as deGrom burnished his Cy Young Award credentials. He allowed one run on three hits over seven innings, turning his 23rd consecutive quality start — a major league record — and improving to 9-9 with a 1.77 ERA.“He’s just able to do things other guys aren’t,” Mets right fielder Jay Bruce said afterward. “He goes out there and it’s been pretty automatic. He’s either going to give up zero or one pretty much every time he goes out there.”Washington got a run off deGrom in the second, but he settled in, retiring the final seven batters he faced and 13 of the last 14.The Nationals got a run in the ninth and had the tying run at the plate twice, but Juan Soto struck out and Ryan Zimmerman flied out.“The talk in the clubhouse, as you see it again tonight, is they want to win every game,” Nationals manager Dave Martinez told MASN.com. “We had the tying run up. So, they’re not going to quit. I know they’re going to finish this out.”The Mets got three hits and a walk from catcher Devin Mesoraco, who hadn’t played since Sept. 3 due to a neck injury.New York leads the season series 10-7 with two games remaining.New York right-hander Corey Oswalt (3-2, 6.31 ERA) opposes right-hander Austin Voth (0-1, 11.81) in a 4:05 ET start Saturday.Oswalt is starting in place of Zack Wheeler, who was shut down after a dominant second half as he was close to pitching 100 more innings this season than a year ago.Last time out, Oswalt allowed one unearned run on three hits in 2 2/3 innings at Fenway Park. He took a no decision in the Mets’ 5-3 loss.Oswalt has pitched against the Nationals twice. He worked five innings and allowed one run on two hits in a no decision July 15 at Citi Field Mike Napoli Jersey , and he gave up six runs in one inning of relief versus Washington on Aug. 26.Voth is stepping in for Tanner Roark, who is with his family after his wife had a baby this week. Voth, a rookie, is making his second career start and second against the Mets. On July 14 he allowed seven runs on nine hits over 4 1/3 innings versus New York and took the loss in a 7-4 defeat.With outfielder Adam Eaton suffering some stiffness in his knee, Victor Robles is getting some extra playing time in center.“You get some consistent at-bats in a row,” Martinez told MASN.com. “You just get to watch him play baseball all around. … Watch him play defense, watch him move around and run the bases. He’s a good athlete. It’s nice to see him go out there and play a few days in a row and see what he can do.”He went 1-for-4 against deGrom but cost the Nationals an early run when he took a bad route on Amed Rosario’s leadoff double. TORONTO (AP) — Tampa Bay’s Ryne Stanek became the first rookie pitcher in 75 years to start consecutive games — throwing one inning for the second straight day.“It’s pretty much the same as two relief appearances in a row,” Stanek said. “I didn’t really notice anything different.”Stanek combined with six relievers on a three-hitter in Tampa Bay’s 4-0 victory over Toronto on Tuesday night, which extended the Rays‘ winning streak to four.Tampa Bay has held Toronto to five hits or fewer in seven consecutive meetings, matching the longest streak in the majors since 1920. The Baltimore Orioles did it to the Washington Senators from Sept. 11, 1968, to April 18, 1969, according to STATS.“We’re getting outstanding pitching performances,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. “It seems like just about every night we’re in a ballgame because of our pitching and defense.”Tampa Bay is 9-2 against the Blue Jays this season. Toronto has lost seven of its past nine.A night after throwing 16 pitches, Stanek allowed Devon Travis’ leadoff double and hit Kendrys Morales with a pitch with one out. Stanek escaped a 10-pitch first inning when Randal Grichuk struck out as Morales was caught stealing second.“That was huge for us right there to get the game started off on the right foot Carlos Baerga Jersey ,” Stanek said.Stanek became the first rookie to start back-to-back games since the St. Louis Cardinals’ Red Munger got one out in a loss to Philadelphia on July 28, 1943, then pitched a complete game victory over the Phillies the following day, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.“That’s definitely cool,” Stanek said.Stanek became the third pitcher to start consecutive games for the Rays after Sergio Romo against the Los Angeles Angels on May 19 and 20 this year and James Shields on both sides of the All-Star break in 2009.Before Romo, the previous big league pitcher to start consecutive games was Milwaukee’s Zack Grienke, who was ejected after four pitches on July 7, 2012, and started again the next day.Hunter Wood (1-1) pitched two hitless innings, Jalen Beeks worked 2 2/3 innings, Jose Alvarado got one out, Diego Castillo pitched the seventh and eighth, and Adam Kolarek got the first out in the ninth. Romo entered with runners at the corners and got his 19th save in 26 chances when Grichuk fouled out and Kevin Pillar flied out.Tampa Bay has 12 shutouts this season, two shy of AL-leading Cleveland. Three of the Rays’ shutouts have come against the Blue Jays.“They’ve got some good arms, guys have some good breaking balls,” Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said.Matt Duffy reached base twice and had one RBI and Tommy Pham had two hits Yonder Alonso Jersey , including a run-scoring triple, before leaving with a sore groin. Cash said Pham will likely sit Wednesday. The Rays are off Thursday.Rookie Ryan Borucki (3-4) allowed two runs and three hits in six innings.Borucki pitched out of a bases-loaded jam in the first, then gave up Mallex Smith’s RBI groundout in the second. Starting with Smith, Borucki retired 15 of 16 before hitting Kevin Kiermaier with a pitch starting the seventh. Pinch-hitter Ji-Man Choi had an RBI double off Jake Petricka, Pham tripled with two outs and came around on Duffy’s single.BACK-TO-BACK BRUISESKiermaier was hit by pitches in two straight trips to the plate, once in the sixth and again in the seventh. He’s the third Rays player this season to be hit twice in the same game.IN A PINCHChoi is 4 for 7 with one homer and five RBI as a pinch hitter this season.TRAINER’S ROOMRays: Tampa Bay recalled RHP Jake Faria from Triple-A Durham and activated C Adam Moore off the restricted list. Moore was unable to join his teammates on the flight to Toronto on Sunday night because of what the team called improper documentation. To make room for Moore on the 40-man roster, the Rays moved INF Daniel Robertson (left thumb) to the 60-day disabled list.Blue Jays: Toronto put RHP Joe Biagini (strained left oblique) on the 10-day DL, retroactive to Saturday, and recalled Petricka from Triple-A Buffalo. … The Blue Jays recalled OF Dwight Smith Jr., 1B Rowdy Tellez and INF Richard Urena from Buffalo and selected the contract of OF Jonathan Davis from their top farm team.UP NEXTRays RHP Tyler Glasnow (0-2, 3.23) starts Wednesday’s series finale against RHP Aaron Sanchez (3-5, 5.22). Glasnow allowed one run and two hits in a loss to Cleveland last Fridays. Sanchez has an 11.88 ERA in two starts since returning from the DL after missing two months because of a finger injury.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 am